Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lean On Me. . . *

". . . We all need someone, to lean on." 
The famous words of the song that speaks sings truth. Life without God and a support group would be incredibly rough!


I felt this first hand while my kids have been sick the past few days, and B was working (24 hour shifts). This is the first time Capri (8months) has been sick. She has a cough, fever, and congestion. My anti-cuddle baby only wants to lay on me and moan! My heart is aching for her! Jeremy (2.5 years) has the same symptoms, but not as bad. He's been bouncing around despite not feeling well, even after 2 nights of no sleep and only 20 minutes naps here and there. I was trying to decide if I should take them to Urgent Care. Most of the time we are in and out (with prescriptions) of Urgent Care and back home within an hour, much faster then going to the doctor. I was debating going in because IF they had the flu the advice would be: rest, liquids and ride it out. I didn't need a $15 co-pay to tell me what I was already doing.
We headed outside for some fresh air.

By 7pm, C's fever was 101.2. Time to go in.


Turns out, they both have sinus, upper respiratory and ear infections. We had a long wait, 2 hours later, we had prescriptions in hand and were heading to the pharmacy! I get to the pharmacy at 9:02p.m., they close at 9. Despite my best efforts, they would not make an exception. C really need some sleep, so I decide the best option is to go to the drive-thru pharmacy. 
Well, we made it home by 11:15PM!

She fell asleep on him!

My patience was gone by 8pm! If it hadn't been for God, I would have given the kids to the next car that drove by and headed home for a hot cup of tea, a quite house and full night sleep! But the little breath prayers of, "God give me patience, Give me strength" is where the patience and strength came from. B was there to answer the phone and let me vent all night long. He even talked with J at one point because I couldn't calm my little boy. I was also, texting my dear friend Danielle throughout the night.
We are on the mend!

Playing "Doggy, Doggy, Where is your bone."

That smile melts my heart!


I hear people say, "God doesn't give you more then you can handle." I completely disagree! I think He does give us more then we can handle so we HAVE to lean on Him! The seasons that are rough we are clinging to Him to get us through each day. In the Desert Song by Hillsong United, (video below) these lyrics, "In every season, you are still God. I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship," have been ringing in my head the past few days. I have needed them to be my strength! God desires an intimate relationship with us! Sometimes He needs to fill our plate so full that we have no other choice then to call on Him!

I feel the need to note that I absolutely LOVE the snuggles that come with sick kiddos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment