I was challenged in church last week no to give the appearance that we have everything together. . . because we don't! We, like everybody, need the grace of God to get us through this life! I really thought about this all week. My close friends know when have bad days, Bobby knows. Where could I improve? I realize I don't post many negative thoughts on FB. I don't think it should be a place for dirty laundry, to vent or rant about someone or something. And frankly, when I am having a rough day, I have no time to post it on FB! BUT I do not want the image that we don't struggle because that does an injustice to God. We NEED him daily to make it through!
So, I came up with a list of things that, although are somewhat humorous, are a struggle as a mom of 3!
At this point, my kids are 4, 2, and 4 months. . . And it's SO difficult to get a picture of ALL 3!
1. I shower about twice a week if I'm lucky. Usually I go between 3 and 4 days before I can't take it and I put a movie on for the kids to watch while I take a quick splash and dash. I EVEN did a quick shave of my shins and calves this time! The baby is in her bed with the mobile on. This is the ONLY safe place when I am not watching! We have a little 2 year old Mama that likes to "help." But she doesn't know her strength! The mobile goes for about 3 minutes. I have about 5 after that before she gets too antsy. So, my showers are about 8 minutes from getting in to getting out and my hair brushed. Then there are the glorious days my hubby is home and I get to indulge in a "non-timed" HOT shower! He is really amazing!
2. While we are on the bathing subject. . . This picture is at 11am when the kids are about to go outside to play. BUT I hadn't been able to get them a bath in 5 days! 5,5,5. That is just gross! We had been on the go too much! And they were in a pool 2 of those days, that counts, right??!! This is also the first time Heidi-Rae bathed with them! It was an interesting learning lesson for all of us!
3. Laundry basket: Sat in my bedroom for 6 days! We kept going through it for under ware! By the time I got to it, I had "fluffed" it 3 times and there were 3 other loads to be folded.
4. Suitcase: We went on a little family trip (Surprise Family Trip) and the suitcase sat on the floor of my bedroom for 2 weeks after! I finally had a friend come over to play with the kid while I put it away, along with 5 loads of laundry (see #3!)
5. When was the last time I mopped the floors? This thought went through my mind during my 2:30am nursing session. . . I mopped that day during nap time. It was so dirty! Bobby keeps telling me to hire a cleaning service to come once a month. I think it may be my pride getting in the way of letting that happen. It's MY job to cook, clean, and take care of my husband and the kids. Plus, that's just another expense to add to the monthly bills. The more we add, the more Bobby needs to work. If I can just get to everything, it would be ok!
6. In order to cut back on laundry (see #3 & 4) we are in bathing suits or under ware (not me!) or a diaper (again not me!) every day! This has helped so much! It makes sharing pictures on here or FB hard! I have a thing about putting pictures of my kids in chonies online.
Even though these things make me feel like I am behind or failing at my job, I wouldn't trade it for the world! This is by FAR the best job I have. I enjoy all the little joys I get, the snuggles and serving my family to the best of my ability! Right now, my ability isn't keeping up with the laundry and floors, it's about soaking up the time my kids are young and enjoying the gifts God has given me! I know there will be a day I miss the little pitter patter in my hallway!
|I realize this picture keeps occurring on the blog! I need to get more pictures of the 3 of them!|
That's a hard task! But I'm up for the challenge!
I'm sure there will be more to add to this! What have you done to make your SAHM job a little easier? What have you done that you couldn't believe (see #2!)? I'd love to hear from other moms! Comment below!