Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Capri Update: 6 & 7 Months*


I didn't get with it for the 6 month update! So we will combine them!

Weight 

Those cheeks!

The last time I weighed her (about 2 weeks ago) she was staying at a steady 19 pounds. She seems to be slowing down a bit! I can't stop kissing those cheeks!

Health


So far no sickness! She had a stuffy nose for a few days but nothing a little breastmilk up the nostril fixed it! I know you may think I'm crazy but it WORKS! The stuff is amazing! We have her 6 month (opps) well baby check up next week.

Sleep
On a trip to the Zoo!
Oh, they are so stinkin precious when they sleep! Our schedules remains the same:
She goes to bed around 8pm, wakes at 6am to nurse, back to sleep until about 8:30am. She naps for about 1/2 hour at 1030. Then down for a 2.5 hour nap at 1:00pm when Jeremy naps (how did I get so blessed?)! Another little 1/2 hour nap around 6pm. She is a tummy sleeper! And loves her thumb! We don't use pacifiers anymore! 

Clothes



We are slowly putting away the 6 month clothes. We have a array of 6-9 and 9 month clothes. A few 12 month-ers but they are probably made small anyway, right?! I just love to see her in little footsie sleepers! I also enjoy putting shoes on her, Bobby does not! He thinks they are pointless! I agree but they are so cute! Terrible picture of me in the back round! I didn't know I was in it! 

Social

4 Generations!

My grandparents came out to visit from Vermont!  They were meeting Capri for the first time! We see friends all week long. Most of Jeremy's friends want to hold her! It's so sweet!! 

Brotherly/Sisterly Love


They continue to melt my heart! 


Diet



We are still 100% breastmilk. The doctor says I can start on food wit her, but I don't feel like it's necessary! She is gaining weight just fine and gets full and satisfied at each feeding. We did use jicama and cucumber to help with teething!

Milestones

We have 3 things to report here! 

Little Miss is sitting all by herself! She gets tired sometimes and flops over! But it ends with a giggle! She loves her little independence in the bath tub! And Jeremy adores it too! 


We got her ears pierced! It was the worst fry I have ever heard! BUT it was over very quickly and we have had no infections! 

I love that Jeremy was right there to comfort her. And that her thumb went right in! 

Annnnd. . . We have 2 TEETH! On the bottom! They popped up in 2 days! One was while she was spending time with Auntie, Sierra and Grandma during our date night! Thanks girls for loving on a crabby baby! I have yet to snap a picture! Each time I try she puts her tongue over them! I will get one! 

1 comment:

  1. Kierra,

    Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your post and pics about having your dd’s ears pierced. This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I believe it is always best done early when she wouldn’t remember and have mommy care for them during the healing phase.

    When they're older, they will think they are a part of them and won’t bother them.

    Promise your daughter will look precious in her upcoming holiday pictures with them. I had our dd’s ears pierced at about the same age. She will look adorable when you when her ears heal and get to wear her emerald earrings.

    You were a smart mommy for doing it. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some tips to add to your info above for moms helping them to find the right person, place and type of earrings to use for infants having their ears pierced. Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info.

    Angie

    angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete