Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Knee Surgery and Red Eye Trip

Love this picture of my dad and I!


Knee Surgery and a Red Eye Trip  . . . All in 10 days! It's this crazy thing called life! We roll with the punches!
  • August 8: I had knee surgery! I hurt my knee in high school and it grew a plicka to compentsate. It was becoming a task to get everyday things done. We decided it was best for the future (activities, pregnancies, and kids) to have Arthoscopic surgery. It kept me down for a "10 day recovery." It was a great choice! My knee is almost pain-free! (Wish I had thought to take some pictures of this event!)

  • August 18: On day 10 of my "recovery" we flew to Vermont on a Red Eye flight to see my dad. We found out that he has Congestive Heart Failure and Emphseyma. Uncle Dillin came back with us. We bought tickets, packed, got permission from my doctor, and were on the road to a red eye flight, all with in 12 hours! It was a trip we will all remember and was amazing to watch God heal my dad before our eyes, using just our presence. By the day we left (day 12.... I should mention we got stuck because of Hurricane Irene and our flight was cancelled twice!!) We could see a remarkable difference in his facial expressions, attitude, weight, and will to survive. We had a huge team out here praying for him and have truly seen the miracle of prayer work! There is still a long raod to full recovery and some major, tough lifestyle changes that need to be made but I believe my dad will pull through this! It was great to see family for the trip. And so sweet for us to watch relatives fall in love with our sweet little boy for the first time! 


Seeing family was the highlight!
Watching everybody fall in love with our little boy was a priceless memory! 

I have 8 cousins on my Dad's side.
We all went out to dinner!
We had some time to kill so we went into Petco. . . 

And L.L. Bean.
We asked the clerk if this came in a smaller size!
The employees all cracked up!
J stayed in there for a quite a while, just chllin, cracking up!

Hurricane Irene delayed our flight 4 days.
We had a great game of Risk going! 
I can't get enough of this picture! 

No comments:

Post a Comment