Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Heidi-Rae: 1 Month Update


Really??!! It's been a month? Oh my! I have been so busy! I have many posts started and none finished! Here goes a monthly update!

Weight 
She's gaining some wight. There are little bitty rolls starting to form on her thighs!

I don't exactly know Heidi's weight! I'm guessing somewhere around 7 pounds. We have moved on from Priemie diapers into newborn. We only stayed in priemies so long because her umbilical cord hung on for 4 whole weeks! Now it's ok for the diaper to cover her belly button! Although, she will still fit in primes, I have SO many packages of newborn and they are just so cute! Order them here: Honest.com

Health
Getting her vitamin D while her brother, sister and cousin play in the backyard.

Once we left the NICU, we have been great! No sickness (J or C either), knock on wood!

Sleep
Snoozing away on our family trip

Homegirl sleeps almost all day and night still. Only waking up about every 3 hours because she needs to eat and occasionally because she wants to be snuggles or needs a diaper. It's rare for her to cry over a diaper, although every time I go to change her she is wet or dirty! I guess she doesn't mind it.

Clothes
Matching Easter dresses with her cousin Kailyn.
Not planned but SO cute!
Newborn fasionista! She rocks all the cute itty bitty clothes we have!

Social
On the Hot Air Balloon ride!

People have come over to see her. She doesn't really wake for them, LOL. We did take a family trip! Read about it here.

Brotherly/Sisterly Love
Snuggles

Oh man! These kids melt my heart! Jeremy is SO sweet to Heidi-Rae. He sings her songs he made up, he snuggles with her, he constantly asks if she can sleep in his bed one night. . . We'll wait a few months! Capri loves "mommy-ing" Heidi! She is always the first to tell me the second the baby cries! We absolutely adore the way she says Heidi-Rae. The past week she has become a bit jealous. When I am holding Heidi, Capri doesn't like it. Or she wants to be right up on me while I nurse. WE have been able to curve it a little by encouraging her to do whatever I am doing with Heidi, with her baby. It depends on her mood if she follows suit!

Diet

We are 100% breastmilk! I am so happy to say Heidi has NEVER had a drop of formula! She eats about every 3 hours. Sometimes she goes 4 hours, mostly at night. I'll spare you a full on boob shot. But next month I'll be sure to get a somewhat modest shot, I want a few to remember the sweet times nursing brought.

Milestones 

We are not in the NICU and made it a month! Whoop!

Personality

It seems that Heidi is a Mama's girl! That's pretty common for infants BUT by this point in Jeremy and Capri short life, we could already tell they were ALL about Daddy! I'll keep fostering a Mommy's girl and we'll see what happens! We use our carriers quite often! I love having her so close.

Post Pardum
Hiking up  Mountain Roubidoux on Easter.
2 miles up hill! Whew, that was a little tough.
Physically I am doing well. I am up and about. Not really any pain, except a hemorrhoid that comes every few days. . .TMI?? Sorry. I am a little frustrated that I am in between clothes and feel like I have nothing to wear that I feel good in. Maternity clothes are too big or too tight, as they are meant to accentuate the belly and it's not a glamorous belly right now. I can't pull regular pants, not talking jeans, over my hips! I have a few acute pants that are elastic waist and they won't go up! These hips have widened SO much since before Jeremy. I fear they won't go back. . . That means ALL new pants! Most women would be happy about this. . . But I really don't like to shop and would rather put that money towards other things! We'll see in a few months how these hips turn out!
To give some perspective:
                6 weeks               28 weeks       36 weeks
Jeremy:       36"                        37"
Capri:         37"                        37"              40"
Heidi:         37"                        40"              41"
Grand total of 5 inches overall! But there is some hope seeing that they went back to 37" when I started with Capri! We'll see what getting older does to me!
Does this picture just melt your heart??
The happiest baby: In church, during worship,
being worn by mommy, holding Daddy's finger!
Ah the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment