Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Friday, January 21, 2011

J said, "More".

In sign language! He said it Wednesday, January 19, 2010 with Daddy! (see my purpose for blogging is already working! That's the first time I have written a milestone date down! woo-hoo). He did the motion today for me at breakfast!! i'm so proud!! The rewards are beginning.

In other news, he also fell off our bed this morning. We had a rough night. J was awake every 2 hours! By 6am I was done walking down the hallway to put the binky in. I know what you are thinking, it's not like I'm running a marathon! But it's a loooong way at 12am, 2am, 4am!!! I admit it, I'm weak! So 6am comes and I bring him in bed with me and nurse him. He FINALLY sleeps peacefully! When Bobby gets home I get up to have breakfast with him..... we hear a thump! But not hard or loud (ding) enough for it to be a baby, so we go in... not running but swiftly! As soon as we get to the door BAM..... baby to the floor on his back (it should be noted that we have hard wood floors thought out the entire house, bedroom included).  Pobre Cito!!! He was so sad!!
Don't worry no injuries..... this time. It is the 2nd time he has fallen off the bed!

The first time he feel off the bed. . . . he was only 2 weeks old! Bobby (sorry to spill the beans babe!) was burping him in the wee hours of the morning, after I nursed him. When we were able to bring him home from the NICU, his stomach wasn't fully developed, we had to help him digest by holding him upright after each feeding for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes of nursing and 20 minutes of holding upright, only to do it all over again in 3 hours, I was exhausted! Bobby can sleep sitting up, so he took this task on! Sometimes while trying to digest, Jeremy would gasp and throw his head back. He did this and Bobby wasn't able to catch him! "Oh crap, I dropped the baby." Wakes me up from sleep! I panicked!
There is usually a chair next to our bed, with the decorative pillows on it. THANK GOD we had small group that night and the chair was in the living room. The pillows were on the (hardwood) floor. A nice padded landing for our little 16 day old!

Just my size

Every baby loves to bathe in the sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment