Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Friday, March 16, 2012

28 Week Update (17P Injection)*


12 more weeks to go! And 8 more injections. They are going smoothly. I haven't had any side effects this week. Yay!!

Baby Update


The time change was this week, so the sun is right in these shots! We'll have to adjust that! Jeremy is getting so used to holding the sign The reason it's on the ground is because he was insisting it be facing him while he smiled! He is such a character! I will be posting a blog soon about all his cute little quirks! Ok on to the baby. . . I have been having a tightening. What I think is Braxton Hicks but we went to the doctor this week and he doesn't think that's the case. He says it's too soon (especially for me). It seems to be triggered by activity (ie: vacuuming 1 room!, sweeping the porch, walking to the end of our street.) Which is getting me frustrated! I still have responsibilities to do around the house but I also want to be very cautious. But nor too cautious, where it turns into being paranoid. It's such a hard balance. I just keep praying for patience. I need to rest in that God has a plan for this baby. He is in control of the situation, NOT me! 
It's time for the stats:

How far along? 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: A whopping . . . 16 pounds. I had gained 18 with J, at 34 weeks.
Maternity clothes? Mostly in ALL maternity clothes! 

Stretch marks? Nope! Yay!
Miss Anything? I miss eating Brie & Feta cheese! Not worrying about an activity causing my stomach to tighten up. 
Movement: All the time! This baby is pretty much non-stop.

Food cravings: Not so much. I'm still not really interested in meat. I'd rather have a huge crunchy salad. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Gender: Still not finding out until birthday!
Labor Signs: Only the tightness but that's not considered labor, yet. 
Symptoms: Hips still.
Belly Button in or out? Still in but threatening me each day!
Wedding rings on or off? ON! Woo-Hoo
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Watching Jeremy become a Big brother. I think he is going to have a little trouble adjusting but he will grow into his new role.
Differences from Jeremy's pregnancy: I don't feel as attached to this baby as I did Jeremy when I was pregnant. Maybe it's the "2nd child" thing, not hte first pregnancy. Maybe it's because we don't know if it's a boy or girl. Maybe I'm trying to hang on to the time I have left with only J (<--- not maybe, I am savoring the time!)

And now for the Measurements:
Since being 6 weeks pregnant
Tummy popped out 4.5"
Hips have widened 2.5" <-- No wonder the pain! I worry my pre-prego pants will not fit after this one! 

Chest has grown 3.5" <-- I went up 3 cup sizes and milk hasn't even come in yet! Oy Vey! i'm blaming it on the progesterone with high hopes the will stay after nursing! 

Compare with Jeremy's pregnancy at 28 weeks:
                  Jeremy             Baby Duce               Difference
Tummy:    38"                   37"                           -1"
Hips:         37"                   39.5"                        +2.5"
Chest:       36"                   38.5"                        +2.5"
Weight:                             151lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment