Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Hats*

     
     As we go along in life we wear different "hats" for the stage we are at. I've been thinking on the hats that I have had (daughter, student, employee, girlfriend, Nanny (2nd mom), fiance, teacher), have (wife, mommy), and will eventually have (not sure of these just yet). Within all these are subtitles. For instance: Wife also comes with helpmate, supporter, keeper of the home, etc. There are so many more and I plan to go into detail in future blogs by referring to Titus 2, Proverbs 31 and Ephesians 5.
      But none of these seems as important as being a Christian woman that stands up for God and raises her family to do what is good, right and true. Which in the end and simply put, all boils down to: LOVING PEOPLE. That's what the Bible teaches again and again. To simply, love people the way Christ loved the church. It seems simple, yet is a complicated task and a daily struggle for all of us. When there are days I am feeling down or overwhelmed by the task of teaching my children how to Love God by Loving people, I get on my knees and seek wisdom from "The Big Black Book." I will list a few places this simple. yet complicated task appears:


“Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Matthew 5:43
“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!"

Matthew 22:38-40
"This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”


"The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”


"For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

     I have to confess that one of my daily struggles is adoring the title "Wife and Mommy," above being a Daughter of God. I am constantly needing reminder that I am, in this specific order:
1. Daughter of God
2. A wife
3.  Mommy. 
I will be following a study in the next few weeks being given online from Time Warp Wife going through the book of Esther (click there to see the study) to help me achieve the goal of keeping this list true in my life. Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment