|June 2, 2007|
It has been 6 years since we stated, in front of our family and friends, to stick by each other "until death do us part." In a world where that phrase is taken so lightly and "marriage" is disrespected, it goes against the grain to mean what we say and never give up when times get sticky.
|I am walking down the isle|
Bobby and I have just been through one of the most difficult times in our marriage. 7 weeks ago we had a miscarriage. (see post here & here). I have never dealt with death.
My. Entire. Life.
28 years! Can you believe that? In 28 years of life nobody close to me has died. I guess I thought the threat of miscarriage wasn't an issue since we had 2 healthy kids! Anyway. . . my point is that if B and I were in a spot where we were not communicating or even talking, then dealing with the loss of our baby would have been much worse!
|"A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken." Ecc 4:12|
The foundation is the Pastor, the sand we were standing on.
Bobby is the brown.
I am teal.
God has to be the center and you have to go in with the mind set that it's forever. NOT "We'll see if it works and if not, oh well." This last week our pastor (Sandals Church) did a sermon on marriage. He had so many great things to say. Here are a few of them! We will definitely be using them while talking with couples!
- Opposites are not obstacles but opportunity.
- Marriage is the image of God's love.
- The very things that bug you about your spouse are the things God wants to change in you.
- Accept responsibility to things that I can change.
- Working through the marriage to the sweet (not bittersweet) end is what's best for the kids.
- Men lead spiritually, women submit to God and your husband.
- Don't be so focused on the outside, you miss the opportunity to grow from the inside.
I have a passion to see marriages flourish! Not just survive!