Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

21 Weeks (17P Injections)*


We are past 1/2 way. This was the 4th injection I have received. It hurt going in this week. I could feel the  warmth of the solution. It could be because we had to microwave it for 10 seconds, 4 times to get the crystals to dissolve, so it was rather warm. BUT the tenderness didn't last as long this week. I get my injections on Tuesdays.

Wednesday was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day! Have you heard of that book? Haha, describes my day! I didn't realize it until 10pm that it was probably a side effect from the 17P! I couldn't get out of a funk of emotions that made me feel like I was worthless, not appreciated, a bad mommy for leaving a sick Jeremy (see here for the details) while I went to work on some things at the preschool (Even though I left him with Bobby!), a bad wife for leaving the sick babe with him, making him cancel his plans for the day, a lousy friend because I didn't want to have the bible study we host (Plus J was sick so we couldn't host anyway but I didn't even want to go to the back up place, at our best friend's house). . . . I can go on and on.
Bobby decided to go to Bible Study, it ends at 8pm, when 9pm rolled around, he wasn't home or responding to my texts. So, like any sane, normal wife would, I called him, to make sure he "wasn't in a ditch dying." Those were my exact words! Man, it sounds ridiculous. I am so blessed to have such a forgiving husband! He thought it was absurd for me to think that (it was, I admit) I was instantly more angry. He doesn't know that I am all "emotional," I don't even realize it yet! He assured he was still at the O'Rafferty's and would be heading home soon.  We got off the phone (peacefully) and I cried! Now, I am not a crier. I don't cry at movies. It takes A LOT for me to cry! And I just broke down! UGH! I calm myself down. Decided to finish watching the Grey's Anatomy until he got home. I was in the middle of and start balling again! Bobby walks in and is wondering what the heck is going on! At this point, I realize "I'm emotional." LIGHT BLUB! I bet this is a side effect of the injection! They said this could happen! I tell him about my epiphany! He is super intrigued and keeps asking me questions. 

I know this is a lot of detail but all to show you that I was being irrational. It was so foreign to me and Bobby. And I was frustrated that I couldn't get over it. My mood was much better the next morning. I hope that was the only and last time it happens!

We are now measuring from head to toe (before 21 weeks they measure crown to rump). Baby is 3/4 of an inch long, 10.5 ounces, the size of a carrot! Eyelids and eye brows are visible now! I feel him/her move ALL the time! We have a very active little carrot! I don't feel larger. I'm not too uncomfortable. I have had a pinched something in my right hip/butt, it comes and goes. 

That's about all i have for this week. I saw a list of changes on a friend's blog I will add that next week. Hope everybody is having a fabulous week! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment