Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Pregnancy Update 18 Weeks

In the last week Baby Martens #4 gained 2 oz and 1/2 inch, making him 7oz and 5 1/2 inches, the size of a sweet potato. There is a lot of work on his nerves going on. AND we might be able to tell if "he" really is a "he or she!" BUT we are still deciding if we are going to tell anyone or keep it a secret! Bobby really enjoyed telling the family in the waiting room!
He is undecided! I'll keep you posted!


Oddly enough I didn't have the emotional days with my injection this week! Just when I thought I had predicted it! That will teach me! The baby is moving all over the place! We had a doctor in training during our ultrasound this week! So we got to watch the him (even week) for about an hour! It was awesome! We also got another thumb sucking picture! Walking in Big Sister's foot steps! While measuring my cervix they found that it shrunk down quite a bit from the last ultrasound. Two weeks ago it was 3.5cm, this week it was 2.6cm. Which is still good. They don't want it to go below 2.5cm. They will continue to watch it every 2 weeks. If it falls below 1.5 too early they will put a stitch in. But this is rare so we are hopeful it won't get that low. On the other hand, maybe this is why I go into labor early and if we catch it, maybe we can prevent it!

That's all we have this week! Oh except we found out the GENDER! We will be announcing it on Thanksgiving! Then I will be sure to post pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment