Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Pregnancy Announcements

I'm not the kind of girl that just says, "Oh by the way, I'm pregnant" in casual conversation. I like announcements! I like to watch the reaction of loved ones!

We have been Pregnant 4 times! I loved each announcement!!

1. Jeremy Noah Martens 
Due: June 2, 2010 (our anniversary!)
Born: April 23, 2010

Husband: I woke up early before he went to work to take a test. POSITIVE! When I went ot twake him up I said, "We are pregnant!" We had only been trying for 2 weeks! He said, "No way. It's way too soon." I showed him the test. "Well look at there, as little positive sign!"

Family: We had the family over for a "Halloween party." They had no idea what the real reason was! WE played this song:
It took them a minute to realize what we were saying! Then we made CDs with it on there for family that lives out of state.

Birth Story here. 

2. Capri Renee Martens
Due: June 2, 2012 (our anniversary!)
Born: May 17, 2012

Husband: We met at church for dinner before a class we were taking. I offered to pray before we ate. At the end I added, "Thank you Jesus for our new little baby."

Family: We had the family over for Thanksgiving (as always, this was not out of the ordinary). I have this picture as the centerpiece on each table: 

The day after Thanksgiving we sent these out as our Christmas cards for the family out of state.

Birth story Here. 

3. Baby #3
We lost baby #3 in a miscarriage. 
But I still loved the way we announced him/her! 
Due: February 14, 2014
Went to Heaven: June 22, 2013

Husband: I was so surprised I brought the test out immediately and showed him! 

Family: There were actually a few ways we announced this baby!

  • On Father's Day I gave our dads a card like this:

  • I met my Bestie for lunch and gave her a puzzle to put together:
"Time to buy a minivan, we're adding another to our clan"

She was so excited!
  • Bobby's sister got married the weekend of Father's Day. We didn't want ot tell the fmaily before the wedding because that was her day. But also didn't want her to find out last! So I gave her a bag to open in their hotel room. It hada  bottle of water in it it. The note said, "We had to replace the water with some from home because there is something in the water at our house! Drink it up so our babies can have birthdays together!" I wish I had taken a picture of it!  
  • We posted this picture on Facebook and tagged the family out of state:
The caption read:
"The six of us."
Story Here. 


4. Baby #4
We don't know the gender yet. I am 15 weeks. 
Due: April 24, 2014

Husband: You know the Hump Day video? Here it is:



We made our own version of it before B came home from work! Jeremy loved it! So did Daddy! 


Family: I text the video to family. And this was posted on FB:



Baby #3 didn't get to have a close birthday with his/her cousin but Baby #4 does! We are 6 weeks apart:

It's so fun to come up with creative ways to announce a baby! Each baby is a blessing that deserves to be celebrated!! Have fun with it!! Pinterest is a great resource to get the creative juices flowing!

1 comment:

  1. *AHEM* "And pregnancy number 3- we told Jackie and Garrett after their wedding to open a gift in their hotel room. It was a water bottle. The caption said, 'we had to replace the water inside with our water from home because there is something in the water at our house. Drink it up so our babies can have birthdays together'."
    It was very cute. ~~Jackie :-)

    ReplyDelete