Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Friday, February 14, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks!


Heidi is about 15.7 inches and weighs almost 3 pounds (about the size of a large cabbage). 
In addition to the baby, I am carrying around a pint and a half of amniotic fluid. 
Her eyesight is continuing to develop this week.

We still haven't decided on a name: Heidi or Rowan, anf I would like to call her something! So every other week I will switch off. Even weeks: Heidi. Odd weeks: Rowan.

We are moving right along! My doctor's appointment showed more progress in the labor stages. I am fully effaced but not dilated. Bottom line: I need to stay off my feet! Our goal is 6 more weeks. The doctor will check my cervix in 2 weeks, if I have started dilating they will given me a steroid shot to help develop the baby's lungs more rapidly, in case she comes earlier than 36 weeks.

My back is SCREEEAMING at me theses days. The doctor said my uterus is done stretching from breastbone to pelvis, so it's now stretching out! Which explains the back pain!

After telling a dear friend the update, her response was: "I wish I could give you my uterus. Mine [kids] have to be evicted and yours want to be emancipated!" Her daughter was born 10 days late and she carried twins until 38 weeks! They were 7lbs each! B and I were laughing at her wit!

It's pretty much a waiting game at this point. On the days Bobby works, we will have someone here in the morning until the kids go down for a nap (8am-1pm) and then another shift from when they wake up until bed time (330pm-8pm).  My sister and Dad's wife are coming out to spend a week with us to help!! SO thankful for that! We really have a great support system! People have been here around the clock: cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, chickens, & dog! It's amazing to see God's work in all of this. We absolutely love our Community of Family, and Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment