Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Heidi-Rae NICU: Day 4



Well, hello pretty girl!
Mommy loves to see your eyes open!
I feel like I actually get to see what she looks like.
She has some swelling from the CPAP mask.
I'm excited to see what she looks like tomorrow! 
We have made HUGE steps today! I got to the hospital at 12pm, Heidi was still on the CPAP. She had drank ALL the milk I left. They are slowly weening her off the IV fluid that was keeping her belly full the past few days. While I was there today, she continued to take the bottle of pumped milk and breathe! They took the CPAP off around 2pm and replaced it with a nasal cannula.
The difference: The CPAP forces positive pressure humidified air into her lungs, the nasal cannula is a cons tad flow of supplemental oxygen, so that when she breathes in she gets clean air. The CPAP was forcing her to breathe, the NC just increases the amour of oxygen she is breathing!

The Nurse Practitioner was excited to see her improvement today. She said she thinks she will be off the NC by tomorrow and breathing room air. Also, if she continues to improve as well as she is and continues to eat well, "There is no reason she can't go home after her antibiotics are finished." That means WEDNESDAY! That is only 3 days away! Now, I'm not getting my hopes too high. I want to be open to the possibility that she may need a few more days. But it's nice to hear the NP so hopeful!

Snug as a bug in a rug!


Thank you for continuing to pray for our sweet girl!! 

Bobby sent me this picture while I was at the hospital:
#SAHD

A dear friend set up a meal plan for us! Here is the link:
http://www.takethemameal.com/meals.php?t=MMWZ6089&welcome=1

No comments:

Post a Comment