Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 34 Weeks

Heidi now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew) and is almost 18 inches long.
Her fat layers are filling her out, 
she'll need these to regulate her body temperature
Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature.

Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine.
They may need a short stay in the NICU and may have a few short-term health issues,
but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

That little girl could barely hold the honeydew! In the bottom picture she is grunting! I just love the one she is looking up at me! My sweet girl has NO idea what having a baby sister entails! 
Jeremy was too busy playing in the mud with Dillon and Drew to take a silly picture! 

We had 2 labor scares this week! They were 4 days apart! The first started Friday (33w, 1d). Contractions were 4 minutes apart.  We called a friend that lives near us to stay the night with the kids and headed to the hospital. The hospital was busy that night. We had to wait in the waiting room for an hour and a half. We got into a bed, hooked up to the monitors, they gave Procardia to stop contractions.  The first dose didn't work, contractions were coming every 2 minutes and were a 4/10 intensity. After a second dose and a lot of prayer, they calmed down! They gave me a steroid injection to help the baby's lungs develop in case labor struck again and they weren't able to stop it. We were sent home in the morning with stricter bed rest guidelines.  Our dear friends, David and Danielle, picked the kids up in the morning and kept them all day and night! We got some much needed rest, Bobby got a night off from being Daddy. We had to be back at the hospital at 6 am Sunday morning to get the 2nd steroid injection. 
Tuesday night (33w, 5d), I started contracting every 4 minutes with a 6/10 intensity. Bobby was working so I called him home.  These contractions were much stronger and I thought my water may have broken. I was scared. I thought I was delivering a baby that night. Bobby's mom was here to stay with the kids. I cried on the way to hospital, praying the contractions would stop. They got me in a room quite fast. Got an IV and Procardia on board and we waited. After the 2nd dose, they calmed down. PHEW! Thanking Jesus, we headed home in the morning. We got a little nap in and took a trip to see my doctor. She said they don't know why I am contracting and not dilating but she doesn't want me on Procardia anymore. She said since I will be 34 weeks they will just labor play out, if it happens again. 
We made it to 34 weeks! This is a great milestone for us to reach!! Jeremy was born right at 34 weeks. I am now 34 and 1 day! That's cause for celebration. . . as much as one can celebrate while laying in a bed! Haha! Maybe I'll have some Girl Scout cookies! The injections have been going well. A bit sore on the injection site but it goes away in a few hours.  
Please join us in praying that I can make it to 36 weeks! 13 more days would do SO much for our little girl! But also pray that if she comes before that we are able to "go with the flow" so to speak with a baby that may have to spend some time in the hospital. 
Thank you for your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment