Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Monday, March 31, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 36 Weeks (17P Injection)

Heidi now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a romaine lettuce.) She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body,
the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. 
My mom took the kids to her house for a few days this week. Bobby was thankful to get a little break! AND he even went with me to get a pedicure! He says it's a once a decade thing!
Top right. . . Scraping his callous' tickled so bad he was biting his hand! 

Monday, I started having contractions again. They lasted for 2 hours at 4 minutes apart (4/10 on the pain scale), then stopped! 2 hours later they started again! So we went to the hospital, assuming if they kept coming there must be a cervical change. Labor and delivery was really busy. I was in a wheelchair in the waiting room for 2 hours. . . and the contractions stopped! Sigh. We decided to go home without being checked.

Wednesday, the doctor cleared me to be off bed rest!! Waaaahoooo!! I am 100% effaced, meaning my cervix is is VERY thin, 2cm dilated and she could feel the baby's head. She said she doesn't think I will make it to my appointment next week! The contractions from earlier in the week are doing their job. She said she thinks when the actual labor comes it will be fast! It's so refreshing knowing she is healthy and can come at any time! All the praise goes to God and the prayers that have been sent up over the past 10 weeks! Thank you! I cleaned 3 rooms yesterday! It felt so good. I was uncomfortable the whole time but now it's ok to be uncomfortable!

Thursday: Being off bed rest is a total change in mind set. I had contractions again today. We waited 5 hours this time to see if they stuck around or faded like earlier in the week. When they persisted, we decided to go in. At this point they were a 6/10 on the pain scale. The doctor checked me and I am 3.5cm dilated. 1.5cm more then 24 hours before at my doctor's appointment. The contractions lasted for 12 hours with no further dilation! exhausting! Since there was no cervical change they said go home, take a bath, get some sleep. That's exactly what I did and the contractions subsided.

We walked to the store


Bobby and I are tired. We are anxious to have our baby. We don't want her to come too much later because Bobby is already off work. Each day she stays put, is another day he doesn't get to spend with her. But each day she stays in, is another day closer to full gestation! Anyway, we need to be at peace with however long she stays in! WE feel like we are getting to experience a true pregnancy! The anticipation, the wonder, the patience. With Jeremy and Capri it was not like that!

We are so excited to meet this little girl! Jeremy has changed his prayers from:
"Keep the baby safe in Mommy's belly until it's time to come out" 
to 
"Thank you for keeping the baby safe. Please let her come out so I can snuggle." 



Cheers until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment