Mini Marts

Mini Marts
All 5 of us!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Doctor's Orders: Bed Rest!*

I get to go home! I am on bed rest. But I get to be with my little boy! 

I woke up this morning to the pitter patter of him coming down the hallway to snuggle with me! We just took the drop gate off his crib so he can get in and out of his bed on his own. It's the first morning he has come down the hall on his own! It was so precious! Then he and my mom made me french toast! Ah priceless! He seems to be doing ok with bed rest. He doesn't quite understand why Mommy won't "get up" <--As he says. Or "Come on, Mama." We explain each time that I have to stay laying down to keep the baby healthy. I don't think he has fully grasped what "the baby" entails! There have been times when my mom comes in to take him to the bath and he gets very upset because he wants me to give him a bath.  My mom is heading home tomorrow and Jackie will be staying with us. Then Thursday B will be home! We are being very well taken care of!


We sat on the porch for a little bit to catch up!
It was so sweet.
I'm sure you are all wondering, "So what exactly does bed rest entail" . . . .
I am in bed all day. I can get up to go to the bathroom and shower but that is all.  I start contracting when I get up to  go to the bathroom or stretch. I went to sit on the porch today to watch J play outside but came in after about 10 minutes. Any pressure on my cervix make my stomach hard as a rock! Although, tomorrow I get to go for a car ride, because I need Bobby to give me my progesterone injection. So Jackie is taking me into Corona in the afternoon. Yay! A change of scenery!

I figured I should make a list of things I want to get done while I have all the time in the world and computer access:

  1. Finish my Menu board here. I just need to get all my recipes on the computer and laminate them.
  2. Write a letter to Bobby about how much I appreciate him.
  3. Be diligent about having a daily devotion time with God! I have been really good the past few weeks with this! Yay! Currently I am going through Proverbs 31 with 5 other mommy/wife friends! Here is the link
  4. Research organic items for our home. Mostly cleaning products. 
  5. Make a 10 minute tidy list. I have been following this housekeeping schedule and love it! 
  6. I want to put together some meals in the freezer that are ready for the crock pot when the baby is here. So I need to decide what to make and write a grocery list for B next week. 
  7. Write to our sponsor kids in India and Uganda.
  8. Maybe scrapbook. This is a huge task. I don't know if I will get to this!
  9. Decide on Mother's Day crafts to do with J for his Grandmas. 
  10. Father's Day crafts for his Daddy and Grandpas.
  11. Research B's Father's Day gift.
Well, that's a lot for now! But if you have any ideas let me know! 



No comments:

Post a Comment